Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lots of bugs  (Read 2576 times)

woozy

• View Profile
Lots of bugs
« on: April 19, 2018, 02:15:54 pm »
Okay so I've been making a list of all the times the various quests bug out when using RQ. Some of them may be related to the custom UI I'm using (Drums, it's being updated by someone other than Drumstix lately), but I'm not sure. I know for one of them it's likely a UI thing: I can't have collections set to open the collection window when I loot a new one. Bringing up the collection tab (but not adventure, achievement, etc.) while RQ is running will bring up the browser for some reason. It's a minor issue as I can just not have it open and then deal with them later.

Anyway, here's the rest of the list. Some may be outdated but the vast majority are still happening. Unless I state otherwise, these bugs always happen.

Sol Ro Obsidian
The biggest problem (for both Sol Ro zones) is when it goes after shinies it'll frequently go directly to them, which can result in them running into lava.

Molten: Big mess. Both toons keep trying to mess with rocks, take a lot of damage, heals stop for some reason. EDIT: last time I ran this zone it seemed to be okay, so maybe it's been fixed? Won't know for sure until I run it a couple more times.

Balrezu: nothing happens after Bal first ports away and adds are killed, does not click on anything and group dies. Then it assumes Balrezu was killed and tries to go to next fight. This doesn't happen always but it's happened more than once.

Monolith: Why not take the teleport right by Estryxia instead of running the long way around? (yes this is a suggestion and not a bug)

Pride Pakiat faction:
Keeps trying to kill stonestalkers for Can't Step in the Same River Twice, Twice. This has gone on for a very very long time and it doesn't seem to stop, therefore it doesn't do other repeatable, either (The Missing Heart Leaves Another Hole). This seems to have the same issue for "The River Job" later, it'll be stuck on stonestalkers.

The Desired Golden Vessel: does not drop to correct location to use divining device, sometimes. This can be an issue of the locations for the updates varying slightly.

Vexing the Golden Coin: misses update locations (they can vary a bit), sometimes it tries to repeatedly pick up coin which causes the NPC that "steals" it to keep respawning before it can finish its script. Doesn't always happen.

Music from the Elder: Not going to correct locations and/or not getting dialog for quest turn-in correctly. (haven't run this in a while so it could be fixed by now)

Consoling the Souls: After hailing first entrapped spirit, toon stays in place and targets next one from afar, and tries to hail them. Sometimes it won't move, just stays there and keeps hailing. For the repeatable version it's very hit and miss, will not do the quest correctly about half the time but will keep running to next location (because it didn't get a previous update, it won't see the next souls and wind up returning to NPC and running the path all over again).

ToT Crafting:
Does not see mats in bag we get from PoP TS line (Artisan's Harvest Stash) so it keeps giving a popup saying I need those mats.
Underfoot Defender: When it enters the special instance, it just walks in one direction no matter what (and doesn't cast the illusion). Exiting and reentering can fix it, and it'll use illusion and turn in quest. But then it won't start Subtunarian Subterfuge, just start walking NW again.
Scanning the Seals: Doesn't always happen, but frequently my toons will get stuck running around in this quest (but not in others). It seems to be a specific loc, next time I run the ToT line I'll try to remember to get the loc if you need.

KA Crafting
Into the Spire: After zoning into Spire, it starts running south, against wall. Zoning out and back in sometimes fixes it but not always.

A Finding Charm: lands too far away to hail injured goblin, winds up returning and needing quest to be finished manually.

Search and Rescue: keeps trying to run into cave to Nu'roga, where it gets stuck running against a wall. Temporary solution seems to be to run into "center" tunnel. It'll pause there for a bit and then try running to NPC, however you have to help guide it or it'll get stuck running there as well.

KA Adventure
Kunark Ascending: History in Stone: After getting updates the toon will run around for hours. Is it trying to get language quest? Can it check to see if the quest is completed already? Sometimes I've ran it manually in order to get access to Geomancy trainer (if that toon has done KA crafting first so they're not KOS).